Cooling with the S40 Immersion Chiller -
- Place the hose where the water will exit from the immersion chiller into a drain or bucket to divert
- Once you are ready to cool your wort, turn on the cold water tap and leave it to run through
the immersion chiller until your wort reaches fermentation temperature. NOTE: The final wort temperature will be within approximately 5 degrees of your ground water temperature.
- To increase the cooling speed, stir the wort with a sanitised spoon.
Transferring, using the S40 Immersion Chiller -
This is different to using a counterflow wort chiller which simultaneously transfer as it cools, you need to allow the wort to cool and settle before starting to transfer.
- Allow the cooled wort to settle.
- Place your clean and sanitised fermenter under the tap on the side of the boiler.
- Open the tap and allow the wort to drain into your fermenter.
- Once all of your wort has been transferred into your fermenter, add yeast, and leave to ferment for the specified time, depending on your recipe.